What Else Besides Jersey Shore was Filmed in Seaside Heights in 2012?
Seaside Heights–Jersey Shore has left Seaside Heights, for now anyway, but should the borough be concerned? After all this summer, 17 other productions were filmed in the borough, according to shoot application permits issued by the municipality.
- West End The Movie, LLC filmed scenes for an upcoming movie between April 30th and May 16th on the boardwalk, Merge, Karma and Spiceys. According the West End’s website, the movie is about a former Jersey Shore Mobster who has returned to the shore as an FBI agent. West End extended their shooting to include Sept 11 to the 13th, apparently for additional stock footage of Seaside Heights sunsets, traffic and boardwalk shots.
- New Remote Productions, producers of MTV’s Ridiculousness filmed on the beach and boardwalk on May 19th.
- From May through early July, the Diocese of Trenton filmed television interviews with teenagers on the boardwalk for its faith-based reality show, Realfaith TV.
- On Sunday, May 27th, Big Table Media and the Travel Channel filmed a yet-to-be announced documentary on the beach all day long.
- Auritt Communications Group filmed b-roll packages on the beach on June 30th for dating service Meetme.com.
- MTV’s Made filmed for three days in mid July. The shoot was a casting call for the series.
- The Travel Channel came back again with a shoot by Indigo films, producers of Cash & Treasures and America’s Most Haunted Places. The shoot was done on the beach and “One point of interest nearby”.
- ABC filmed in July at Jimbo’s on the boardwalk for their series “What Would You Do”, possibly to air in Season Six.
- After Jersey Shore left, MTV came back for some more fillers and to shoot a promo for the series on August 20th.
- On September 1st, CPC Intersect filmed an undisclosed product launch that including skydivers.