Ocean County History: Then and Now – George Adam’s General Store, Brick
Brick–It may not look like much today, but the Econo car rental office on Mantoloking Road in Brick was once a well traveled general store and gas station. The store opened in the late 18th century and was owned by George S. Adams originally. A photo shows the store as it was prior to the turn of the twentieth century. The area, then known as Adamston, was serviced by the store, which later sold Esso gasoline is located at 646 Mantoloking Road. A modern photo is attached as well as two taken during the late 1920′s, including an inside shot.