Jackson Police Blotter: Sept 24-26, 2012
The following is a sample of incidents that Patrol Officers recently responded to or were involved with. This does not represent all of the calls for service that were responded to during this time period.
Monday September 24:
- Employees of Seasonal World on Cedar Swamp Road, made a report of a theft of a work van. The van had been located in East Windsor, Ct.
- Officers responded to a report of a suspicious person on East Veterans Highway and located a male subject coming out of the woods near Pitney Lane. During the investigation, it was discovered there was an outstanding warrant out of South River and the 44 year old male was placed under arrest. While being searched, hypodermic syringes and suspected heroin was recovered from the male. He was processed at police headquarters and charged with Possession of Hypodermic Syringes and Possession of Heroin. A court date was set by South River and the subject was released on summons pending a court date on the additional charges.
Tuesday September 25:
- A resident of West Pleasant Grove Road made a report of Burglary and Theft. It was reported that unknown person(s) made entry to a storage garage and stole construction tools valued at $195.00.
- A 28 year old male resident of Jackson was arrested on an outstanding warrant out of Jackson Township. He was processed and released after posting bail.
Wednesday September 26:
- A 20 year old male resident was arrested on an outstanding warrant out of Jackson Township. He was processed and released after posting bail.
- A resident of Brookfield Drive reported a theft of a bike which was at the front of the residence. The bike was valued at approximately $425.00.
- Officers responded to the Polo Ralph Lauren store at the Jackson Outlet Village on a report of shoplifting and arrested two males. A 25 year old male resident of Pennsylvania was charged with Receiving Stolen Property and Possession and Use of an Anti Shoplifting Countermeasure Device. The male was later lodged in the Ocean County Jail. A 17 year old male resident of Pennsylvania was also arrested and charged with Shoplifting and was charged on a juvenile complaint and released to a guardian pending a court appearance. A 2006 Nissan that the pair had been driving was also impounded.
- During the course of a motor vehicle stop on South Cooksbridge Road,
Officers arrested a 30 year old male resident of North Plainfield on an outstanding warrant out of North Plainfield. The subject was turned over to the North Plainfield Police Department when he was unable to post bail.